Flybaby Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flybaby Community Forum

For Flybabies that want to be able to communicate with eachother and help eachother.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help wanted

Go down 
+3
sacto_heidi
hometoworkigo
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Help wanted   Help wanted Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 2:52 am

As you can see on the main forum under the title suggestionbox is a small sentence that explains that section further.

I am looking for help to do the other sections. Anyone that has a great sentence can post it here Smile Please remember to tell for which section it is.

THNX!
Back to top Go down
https://flybaby.forumotion.com
hometoworkigo

hometoworkigo

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: How do I?   Help wanted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 5:20 pm

New to message boards. I mean, I read them, but don't usually use them. How do I set my avatar? And change my time zone? And make my husband buy me flowers?

Well, okay, two out of three...
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 11:14 pm

Up on the bar below the title it says Profile. Click there and go through all of the tabs to set up the forum to your liking. There is also a FAQ but if you still have problems holler. For flowers, ummm...uh....
Back to top Go down
Natalia
Natalia

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 2:07 am

hometoworkigo wrote:
And make my husband buy me flowers?

That one i have no clue of, im still trying to find out myself. I did notice that if i bought myself flowers i would get new ones sometimes when they died Smile flower
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: flowers?   Help wanted Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 9:59 am

Put out a pretty vase and attach a post it note

INSERT PRETTY FLOWERS HERE.

(GIGGGLE)
Rhonda
Back to top Go down
http://360.yahoo.com/rpeaceflowers
hometoworkigo

hometoworkigo

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Flowers   Help wanted Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 1:57 pm

Last birthday, I gave DH a specific gift list. SPECIFIC. (Great husband, horrible gift-giver!). He requested a list. Seriously.

On the list (of 3 items) it very clearly stated "roses from Costco". 3 items on the list mind you. My birthday was on the 13th. Flowers arrived on the 27th. By then, I didn't even want them. I mean, he passes a Costco on the way home. How hard is it to stand in line?

Oh, well...he just doesn't get it. From now on, I'm ordering my own gifts online and stacking them, closed, on his side of the bed. I've done that for two years and it works for us. I decided to just stop whining and go for it. He wanted to shop for me last birthday and asked for the list. 3 items on it and I got one of them...two weeks after my birthday. Yep. This year it's back to Amazon and QVC again.
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 3:06 pm

If i post my goofy stories twice just pretend i am senile and let it go. Three times and you can tell me.

My mom nailed this years ago after my stepdad gave her an electric pencil sharpener as a gift and some homecare appliances. Fur was flying. She started shopping for herself, wraping and saying "Oh! Just what I wanted!" He pays the bill. He has gotten way better and sends her flowers on every girl holiday. Their anniversary is Christmas Eve and there is always a pretty little jewelry box to open in front of the family. If not...fur will fly. He got into it and is having pieces designed for her now.

I don't think I have ever gotten flowers from David. I buy them for myself. He gave me a gift once of opal earrings but that is about it on bobbles. When asked what I want for a gift I tell the family, "Clean the house."
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Im spoiled   Help wanted Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 3:22 pm

hmmmmmm ... well I guess I'm spoiled. Chris buys flowers and plants every once in a while. Of course, he buys what HE likes... aka the grape plants and the orange tree. I like flowers, he brings home an orange tree.. He buys me orchids and Im hoping I dont kill them.
Chris is good about presents for bday and christmas.. better than me now, so thats kinda embaressing. I dont pick out regular shirts, but will get him pjs and his favorite... anything with a dragon on it (but it has to be mean looking not cute dragons --"dragons arent suposed to be cute" and then there is always tools. The saw and router went over well.. as did last years big metal tool box. Men... so wierd.

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
SilveryBon

SilveryBon

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Flowers   Help wanted Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 7:45 pm

Hometo, there is no reason you can't buy him flowers. My DH brought me two bouquets on our second date, and usually sees to it that we always have flowers on our dining room table. Sometimes there is a lapse, so I stop at Wally-world and buy him an inexpensive bouquet... and before the bouquet has wilted, he will have more flowers for me. He takes the hint -- some men might not. confused
Back to top Go down
hometoworkigo

hometoworkigo

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: techinically   Help wanted Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 8:59 pm

Okay, techinically he has bought me flowers.

I mentioned that we'd been married almost sixteen years and he's never bought me Calla lillies (my miniature Callas for my wedding were flown in from overseas...my only spoiled point in my wedding...and they cost as much as my dress and were a tenth of the cost of the wedding! You think he'd know I like Callas!).

So he buys me a calla plant and sticks it in the ground.

Way too practical!

-Rebecca

P.S. The calla lillies were flown in from Holland, which, unbeknownst to most Americans is only a part of The Netherlands (well, technically, two out of twelve parts of The Netherlands...but I'm sure Natalia can explain it better than I). Having flowers flown in to my specs is, hands down, the snottiest thing I've done in my life! I still remember my MIL's eyes and how wide they opened when I told her, "Die Niederlande!" (she's German, and my husband moved here when he was 13).

See, now you all know I've been both a sleazebucket and a snot.
But only briefly for both, I promise.
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 1:20 am

Bonnie...men like getting real flowers? I thought the only one they liked was the little ribbon one sewn to the cleavage part of a bra.

flower
Back to top Go down
Natalia
Natalia

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 1:53 am

hometoworkigo wrote:
P.S. The calla lillies were flown in from Holland, which, unbeknownst to most Americans is only a part of The Netherlands (well, technically, two out of twelve parts of The Netherlands...but I'm sure Natalia can explain it better than I).

Well that depends on how you look at it. Holland is another word for the Netherlands, however you are right, just like you have states, we have provinces, and we have a south holland and a north holland. But somehow the whole country ended up being called Holland too. Probably because those 2 provinces make more money then the rest of the provinces together. A big amount of the industrie is here and both the capital and the city where the government is Smile And yes, the whole flower industrie is in those 2 states too (which is very beautiful to look at when you are in the train) But that was all decided a few centuries ago, i think even before America was founded. So these days noone cares if you call the complete country Holland or the Netherlands.

Smile flower
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: My hubby   Help wanted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 6:16 pm

DH is not allow to go close to plants. He'll either overwater them or ignore them .. either way .. he kills them.

Hey! My bra don't have a flower!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
SilveryBon

SilveryBon

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 7:41 pm

Yes, Heidi, men do like getting flowers, too! At least my man does. flower

Natalia, my ancestors way back on my dad's side were Dutch. And my sister's name is Natalie, too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hometoworkigo

hometoworkigo

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: forum question   Help wanted Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 9:34 am

I'm totally computer-literate, and totally forum-illiterate. Help! Is there a folder or something somewhere that will allow me to read all new posts since the last time I logged on? I'm clicking all over tarnation here and not finding the new posts except by chance. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 9:48 am

Clicking around makes me crazy too. So...

If you can handle the emails, go into each main topic like "Control Journal", scroll down to below the bottom thread and "Watch this forum." If you do that for every main topic you will get an email for each new post. That is the only way I know how to catch everything.

Natalia might know something I don't.
Back to top Go down
hometoworkigo

hometoworkigo

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Thanks!   Help wanted Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:06 am

That's what I wanted to know. I keep seeing a "new posts" folder at the bottom of the page, and it's "locked". It confused me.

And, how do I insert the cute little "emoticons"? If I click on them, it just gives me a little punctuation smiley that I could type myself.

Seriously, I can take apart a computer and repair and install, but don't have a clue about forums (well, except THE FORUM, where my beloved Lakers play).

-Rebecca
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:14 am

Smileys: Profile, Preferences, 4th from the bottom - click yes to enable.

Ummm! You said the L word!!! *mumbles "clothesline Bryant"* Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
internettie

internettie

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:15 am

Up near the top, right of the Forum page there is a clickable link to new posts since you last visited. Click on it and it will give you a list of all the posts that are new. Hope that helps.

The smiley will come out looking like the picture. It just uses the punctuation as code.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skootersdogblog.blogspot.com
hometoworkigo

hometoworkigo

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Aha!   Help wanted Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:34 am

Aha!
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted   Help wanted Icon_minitime