Flybaby Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flybaby Community Forum

For Flybabies that want to be able to communicate with eachother and help eachother.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26

Go down 
+2
april
sacto_heidi
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Empty
PostSubject: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 12:33 pm

See the stickie note called "FLYBODY - READ ME"

I'm sticking with last week's plan in an effort to babystep these actions into routines. Last week was awesome. YEA ME!

Walking: I will get on the treadmill for 10 minutes a day this week. I set the alarm on my computer calendar to remind me daily M-F at 5:00 PM.

Diet: I will eat breakfast this week.

Water: I will replace one Diet Pepsi with a big 'ol 20 oz. glass of water.
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 3:32 pm

just back from holidays I'm going to clean my body a bit:

as I gave up coke in january due to health issues, i'll keep drinking water this week

I'll add the habit of squeezing a fresh orange juice just before breakfast

I'll eat breakfast (let's start with a cookie) with my morning coffee
Back to top Go down
Lina

Lina

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:32 pm

I stopped drinking all kinds of soda years ago.I let my kids have some ocassionally but not me . I like fresh juice much more now.

I love walking but only in winter b/c of the weather,in summer I swim at least once a week ,not much but a start.

What I'm working on now is an early bedtime.Most days I wake up at 5:30 getting only 5 hr. of sleep.No matter what I do I can't get the kids to bed and finish work early enough.
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 12:05 am

We can do it ladies! One day...one step.

Breakfast - check. I'm actually feeling hunger in the morning now. I didn't think that would happen yet. Water done too.

I did NOT want to work out tonight at all because my back is sore. So I turned on Super Nanny, did my 10 minutes and it felt good. The groovy part is that I didn't forget. YEA ME!
Back to top Go down
internettie

internettie

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 10:52 am

I have been following the BCMM each day and eating nutritiously. cheers

I've been drinking more water than I used to drink. cheers

I'm also hungry now when I get up in the morning. cheers

Go Me! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.skootersdogblog.blogspot.com
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: sounds like a plan   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 11:04 am

Sounds like a plan!

I actually signed up for a 10 week walking thring and you get an email everyday with a challenge and recipe. I would rally like to do this. I did a BMI test... and was shocked (not really) It's depressing.

I'm also going to start drinking water. Yes, I typed that right. I never drink water.. and I've been having horrible dry mouth for weeks.

RhondaSue

PS what is BCMM?
Back to top Go down
http://360.yahoo.com/rpeaceflowers
internettie

internettie

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 10:34 pm

BCMM = Body Clutter Menu Mailer (from SavingDinner.com).

Do you have the link to the 10 week walk thingie? I'd be interested in that too.

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't drink water. Today my mouth was so dry that it rated it's own heat index! Laughing
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 4:34 am

as an encouragement, let me say that when I stopped drinking coke and started drinking water I also stopped having daily headaches (yes, daily), my skin felt more moisturized, and my hair less dry. Maybe it is just coincidence, but... who knows cheers
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: walking links   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 8:29 am

The link to the 10 week walking thing is:

http://walking.about.com/c/ec/1.htm

The main page is: http://walking.about.com/

Ok. Im not sure if I posted that right up there... There is a lot of information on this page.. so if you wanna prep your mind and motivate yourself to start walking - this is a pretty informative site.

Menu Mailer: ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Thanks.. (lightbulb came on)

RHonda
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 8:32 am

Water is a toughie for a lot of people, me included. I never had to drink it as a kid. I'm very addicted to caf. and artifical sweeteners and those suck the fluids right out of me dehydrating me more. David, on the other hand, drinks water as his beverage of choice and never drinks anything caffinated. Mandolin is a water person - there are no other options at home. When we go out she orders water and sometimes a lemonade. Hope this sticks with her!

Tuesday: breakfast and water done. Remembered to walk but chose to apply a heat pad to my lower regions instead. Ya know. Glad I made this better choice for my health. Yea me!
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: Water   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 9:13 am

Heidi..

Thats me too. I love coffee, and drink it most of the day. Maybe one, at the most TWO cokes during the day.. but Im a BIG coffee person. W/ creamer and splenda! YUM.

But I got down ONE baby water bottle yesterday.
I'm gonna go for TWO water bottles today.
$10 says.. I'll be sloshing!
Back to top Go down
Lina

Lina

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:50 am

So good that Mandolin prefers water even though you don't.It's the opposite with us .My kids will choose soda at birthdays and relatives ,but it's making them uncomfotable most times . When I'm with them they will choose fresh mango ,cocktails,lemonade....etc.

I think I found a way to help me sleep earlier.Each day I will go to bed just 5 mins earlier than the day before.It's a tiny babystep but I'm already motivated b/c I it's easy.
Taday's bedtime is 12:20 am.
Back to top Go down
Lina

Lina

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:55 am

Thanks Rhonda for the walking.about.com
I checked it but will join after the kids go to school Exclamation
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 6:15 am

I had an orange juice and a cookie with my coffee every moring but today. I remembered to do it, but had run out of oranges. I guess that my menu planning should start properly scratch
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: Oranges   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 8:06 am

The Valencia oranges are on sale here in Houston! I brought the kroger sale paper with me to work so I could make my plan and my list !!

I even... (are ya'll sitting down??)... I brought my tennie shoes and some jeans to change into today (to work) ... so I can have my DRESSED TO SHOES for shopping...

Yes.. I even rolled the trashcan to the curb for DH this morning and still got to work at 7:05am.. (I dont start till 7:30am)

DH did all my AP list for me yesterday!! I got home and went... OH! everything is done! Boy thats a weiiiiiiiiiiiird feeling!

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 9:11 am

rhonda, the funny thing is that I was in Valencia 3 days ago (to see my granny) and never thought about buying oranges (wasn't on my list Razz ). I'll go get some now and just wait till winter comes (oranges are good in winter, it's the season).
Back to top Go down
SilveryBon

SilveryBon

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 9:06 pm

You gals are all doing great! Hurray for all of you!

What is it about water helping you lose weight (supposedly)? Did I miss something somewhere? I admit I haven't read Body Clutter yet, so can someone clue me in? Some of you have said you have lost lots of pounds by drinking water..... I have been a HUGE water drinker for several years and just keep getting porkier!!! Crying or Very sad I easily drink 10-15 glasses of water a day. Maybe I'm waterlogged??? scratch

Bon
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 5:05 am

I said I had lost weight not only by drinking water but by substituting sodas for water. sodas do put on a lot of weight in you, even if they are calory free (or so I read somewhere). Besides, water fills you up and you cheat the feeling of hunger a bit, so you don't nibble between meals what was also good for me was to eat 4 or 5 times a day. careful, that doesn't mean eating more; it means eating the same but in smaller portions. if I would eat 2 apples for dessert, now I eat only one and leave the other one for a snack in the middle of the afternoon. Never skip a meal. This way I have lost weight slowly (a pund or less a week, and not every single week), but of course, that worked for me, and not necessarily for everybody else. My doctor told me to lose weight very slowly, otherwise, you get tired of that way of eating and start stuffing with improper foods. then you regain the weight you lost, and some more.

by the way, drinking water does help your body, as long as the water is not only an addition to other sodas or sugared juices but THE DRINK itself. Did I make anything clear or does it really sound as babbling?

-mental note: try to sinthesize when writing and read before you click "send"-
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Water...   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 8:43 am

This is just my take. All fluids are not created equally. Try putting soda in your car radiator instead of water and see how your engine, hoses, and filters like it after while.

Sodium (retains "dirty" water and inhibits detoxification) and toxins (cellular waste) deposit in your cells and water helps your body flush them out. Water is quite possibly the single most important catalyst in the metabolism of fats. Without an adequate supply of water, the kidneys can become less efficient at their job and unable to filter the blood properly, resulting in a metabolic overload on the liver. This overload inhibits one of the liver's primary functions - the oxidation of fatty acids. If the kidneys are unable to function properly due to a lack of water consumption, the liver must perform additional work. This in turn reduces the efficiency of fatty acid in the liver, thus impairing the body's ability to burn fat.

Water helps you feel full helping you eat less.

Water is crucial for cleansing the digestive system of wastes. If wastes are blocking the nutrient absorbing cells lining the intestines, the nutrients can't be absorbed. A lot of cravings are nutrient related. Your body is starving for what it isn't getting or can't absorb and you might over eat in an attempt to nourish yourself.
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 11:06 am

cheers cheers wonderful explanation heidi cheers cheers

besides all this, I read something about caffeine that I hope will be able to explain in english: they say caffein in the morning improves the secration on insuline, which inhibits the burning of fats, the same as not eating carbohidrates at all. If you don't eat carbohidrates, your body still can use stored fat, but it will also burn muscle. if you eat carbohidrates (with measure, as usual) you give enough energy to your body to build/create muscle, so your "fat" parts don't become as floppy.

I'll try to find some bibliography about that in english and post a link
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 11:24 am

about caffeine and insuline:

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/supplementation/caffeine.htm

the part about coffe and insuline and fat is just around (especially after) the first graphic.
Back to top Go down
SilveryBon

SilveryBon

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 7:55 pm

Thank you, Heidi and April. I tried wading (or should I say waddling?) through that article, April, but I tend to go brain-dead when confronted with anything scientific-sounding. I can live with Heidi's explanation easier.

As to caffiene, when I was the age of you guys (oops! -- ladies) I drank about 6 Diet Cokes a day. affraid Yes, I know... but it took that and a couple of candy bars to have enough caffiene to get me through a working day, as I have a very low energy level. Since I've been with DH, he's very concerned about my 'drinking problem', so I try to hold it down to only one Diet Coke a day. I drink many glasses of water between 6 a.m. and midnight. I *never* drink coffee and very rarely tea, except maybe iced tea once a week or so. So I don't think I overdo the caffiene (I also gave up the candy bars long ago). But I'm still a porker. scratch
Back to top Go down
internettie

internettie

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 11:35 pm

I did really well drinking water today. I had three full bottles (17 ounces each)! cheers
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 8:19 pm

Good week ladies!!! Here we go to week 3 Arrow
Back to top Go down
Lina

Lina

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:37 am

I can't believe it ,I did it . I started going to bed 5 mins earlier each day on 21 Aug.yesterday 31 Aug my bedtime was 11:40 It should have been 11:30 but I'm happy with myself and b/c I didn't beat myself up I can continue. GO ME cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26   FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLYBODY - Aug. 20 - 26
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next