Flybaby Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flybaby Community Forum

For Flybabies that want to be able to communicate with eachother and help eachother.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So do you still look like Franny?

Go down 
+6
SilveryBon
BornToFly
Fynn
RhondaSue
sacto_heidi
Natalia
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Natalia
Natalia

So do you still look like Franny? Empty
PostSubject: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 3:53 am

I think we all know Flylady's Franny character. Do you really take better care of you know? Have you cleaned out your clothes with MissSmartyPants (or on your own)? Or are you still dressing the same and never using make up?

Tell us!
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:20 am

I am a big gal with a big closet and big wardrobe. Yet, I wear the same basic stuff every day - like peddal pusher jeans and a cute girlie top. I work at home and clients come by so I do the hair, jewelry and dressing thing every morning. For meetings, I have blazers and junk. I detest business clothes. I wear make-up to go to meetings and out in the evenings. On weekends I get dressed to flip-flops at best.

When I grow up I plan on wearing overalls worn so thin the sun shines through and walking barefoot all day long. I will have giant mud boots to wear in the winter and people will call me "Crazy Cat Lady."
Back to top Go down
Natalia
Natalia

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 3:11 am

LOL

Heidi: Well sounds you got the 'getting dressed to the shoes' part right! Thats great !! cheers I just dont know about that overall thing Wink

My closet, as I said on the video, is very very empty since DBF and I cleaned out my clothes. He was tough but fair so he said it if clothes where nice, but just a tad too short, so my belly would poke out everytime, or if the color didnt really suit me, etc. We did in takes but in the end removed over 8 bags of clothes!! I felt terrible, because i really have almost nothing to wear, especially in tops, and it was so much money down the drain, some of the clothes I had bought quite recently. But I have to say I do feel more confident about my clothes now, and when i have more soon I believe I will feel even more confident. So that is great. Now i just need the routine of putting in my contacts everyday (I havent got them that long yet) and put make up on, and Im there!
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: well yes and no   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 1:28 pm

I cleaned out my closet quite a bit before moving... but its still full and probably wear the same thing every week. Suits and corporate clothes during the week... stretchy pants or jeans and a tshirt on the weekends. I try to get up and get dressed all the way to the shoes on the weekends.. and that DOES help. I feel better about myself.. DH asked me yesteray why I put on make up after my shower when we werent going anywhere.. and I finally told him.. cuz I feel good..

im not one of these coordinated outside ppl. Thats fine at work, but at home.. its comfort and t-shoes... and a bra only when I gotta.. blek. They are evil harness things created by evil ppl. LOL

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
http://360.yahoo.com/rpeaceflowers
Natalia
Natalia

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 2:37 pm

That sounds like you dont wear the right bra's Rhonda! When they are good fitting you dont feel them, and they dont nag you, but those of wrong size.. oh my.. i might just been 24 but since all my bras got stolen last year in France and i had to buy bras in the only store available I had bad bras and they made me feel terrible and hurt and itched etc.
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 12:39 pm

If we get reminders to "Dress to Bras" I'm outtie. lol!

I hate them. I'm quite endowed and the only ones that fit right and offer support (according to the ladies who do fittings) are about as wide as (wait...checking to see if I am on topic) a cookie sheet and have more metal. I have cute bras but they are only good for playing pool. Rhonda knows what I am talking about. Heee! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Natalia
Natalia

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 11:56 pm

sacto_heidi wrote:
If we get reminders to "Dress to Bras" I'm outtie. lol!

I hate them. I'm quite endowed and the only ones that fit right and offer support (according to the ladies who do fittings) are about as wide as (wait...checking to see if I am on topic) a cookie sheet and have more metal. I have cute bras but they are only good for playing pool. Rhonda knows what I am talking about. Heee! Shocked

Sorry, you lost me at endowed Smile whats that?
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: bwahahahah   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:35 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh My gosh... I started cracking up! Yes, Really!

Us ENDOWED folks know.. that a cheap bra doesnt do squat. As one of the ENDOWED BOULDER HOLDER folks... I have to buy mine at Lane Bryant who made wonderful bras. And are normally running a buy 1 get one free thing too!

I dont MIND wearing them --- pool (bwah) I just dont care to iff'en I dont have too. Uhhhhhhhh topic? oops.

I do have some :stuff 'em up jobbies... just dont put the plastic pillows in the dryer! They get hot (do not melt) but they get HOT.

Altho I have noticed that alot of young women dont know how to wear bras. Stores dont offer that service anymore I guess. But would someone please tell these girls... "if you are poochin' outa the top... IT DOESNT FIT! drives me i n s a n e !!!!

Rhonda
.. who's off topic I think.
.. and thinks if I want all the wire torture, I'd wear a Renaisance corset (and yes I have one of those too) .. oops. that was outloud huh?
Back to top Go down
Natalia
Natalia

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 11:22 am

So endowed means well ehm a lot of the things men really like? Very Happy Rolling Eyes lol! Hehe, couldnt find that word in my dictionary so I had no idea.

Im blessed with those luckily. I have enough, but not too much. I agree though that service is bad. There was a time that the lady at the store tried to sell me two sizes too small for me. Luckily im smart enough to know that if it hurts it aint good Very Happy I think they just decide when you walk in and then no matter what you say, they stick with that size Smile
Back to top Go down
Fynn

Fynn

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 3:23 pm

Count me among the well-endowed ladies too. Razz I often go without a bra at home (especially after a shower if I am winding down in the evening), but don't like to go out without one, so I usually put one on while getting dressed in the morning just so that I'm ready to go out or face whatever the day may bring. Kind of like putting on my shoes...

I do have a hard time finding ones that fit well (at least I did in DC - I haven't tried shopping in Austin yet, and probably won't until I land a job). Salespeople in DC aren't the nicest, especially to people who aren't exactly a small size.
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: shoping   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 6:16 pm

Flynn..

Just remember you are in texas. Just walk in there like you own the world and speak to everyone. Tell that sales lady HOWDY!! I've foudn the best way to find a nice salesperson is to speak to them when you walk in the door.

Of course, I talk to everyone!
Rhonda
Back to top Go down
Fynn

Fynn

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 7:21 pm

Although I haven't tried clothes shopping yet (really, waiting until I land a job, not just so that I'll have money coming in, but so I can make sure I'm buying clothes that are appropriate for that particular office)...just about all of my shopping experiences here so far (grocery store, Wal-Mart, etc.) have been really positive! People are just so friendly and helpful!

Service in general is HORRIBLE in DC, unless you go to a four-star restaurant or high-end boutique...and even then, if you aren't wearing the right clothes or don't look rich enough, forget about it! Ugh! So glad to be out of there!
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: clothes   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 7:39 pm

Yeah... since we don't technically get much WINTER in Texas (altho you might.. you are UP there north of me) ... I laugh when it gets a lil wind blowing and folks start diggin out all their sweaters!

Plus different places have different ideas of Corporate Attire. We were just told we could NOT wear panty hose with our suits here... and in Houston, our normal summers are 105 in the shade! Can you imagine? And I'msooo old school.. I cant NOT go without pantyhose and a suit. I feel all self conscious!

Whats gonna HOLD ME ALL IN?!!!?!!? eek!

Just hold tight.. that perfect job for you, is right around the corner! Smile I can just feel it!

Hugs
Rhonda
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:41 am

Note to self: purge the mini plastic pillows collection.

This is so fun! We are like a bunch of girls at Camp Gonna Wanna Fly sitting around talking about our bras, boys and brownies. LOL! BBB - "The Bees." Hey! They FLY!!! Tomorrow Camp Director FlyLady and Councellor Kelly will have more activities for us on Anti-Procrastination Day. It's back to the Mess Hall!

I call dibs on a top bunk. Sweet dreams ladies!

(for Natalia: mess hall means kitchen and dibs means claim ownership of. Wink )
Back to top Go down
Natalia
Natalia

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 3:58 am

sacto_heidi wrote:
(for Natalia: mess hall means kitchen and dibs means claim ownership of. Wink )

Hihi, those 2 i knew, just like confundled. Watching a lot of English/American movies/series helps a lot with your English. And so does talking here. Smile
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: camp wanna wanna...   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:10 am

(Rhonda hides the silly string and the shaving cream under her lower bunk pillow)... (insert mission impossible music) and tries not to smirk ... woohoo! MESS HALL!

are we gonna go snipe hunting too?
Let me get my handy-dandy girlscout flashlight and pocketknife too!

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
Natalia
Natalia

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:35 am

Hehe, well then i always win cause im always awake when you girls sleep so i can do some nasty things to you like putting your fingers in water Smile

Woohoo, finally something i can actually win lol! jocolor
Back to top Go down
BornToFly

BornToFly

PostSubject: Bits 'n pieces ...   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 12:33 pm

Ooops!! I think I'm in the minority on this one! Endowed, I definitely am NOT - I think the Lord gave most of my allotment to someone else! No complaints, tho - hubby is happy, so I'm fine ... from what I hear, maybe even fortunate!

... & Rhonda, if not panty hose with your suits, then what do they want you to wear - bobby sox?? jocolor My last 2 jobs were upper management ones & I hated all the corporate snuff-snuff (my ""manufactured word aka: utter nonsense, Natalia!) that went along with them. Give me the analysis bench anyday or at least a civilized human, corporate VP, if possible!!

... & Natalia, what's so nasty about putting your fingers in water?? Did i miss input somewhere or is this a Dutch thing?? Clue me in, Scotty!!

Marie sunny
Back to top Go down
Fynn

Fynn

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:44 pm

I was also going to comment...Rhonda, no pantyhose with your suits??? That's the strangest thing I've ever heard! I suppose you're supposed to just have bare legs then with your suits/skirts? Most places I've worked with professional dress codes have had the opposite rule - that skirts most always be accompanied by "appropriate" hosiery (i.e., pantyhose or tights, no fishnets). Yikes!

Come to think of it, when I've interviewed here in Austin, most women haven't been wearing pantyhose with their skirts...hope that isn't why I haven't been getting job offers! Being full-figured with pasty white legs to boot, I can't see going without!
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:45 pm

Marie, Marie, Marie...we need to take you camping! When you put a sleeping person's fingers in warm water they are likely to wet themselves. See also: put shaving cream in their hand and then tickle their nose. Splat! Try that one on hubby. He will love it!

affraid
Back to top Go down
SilveryBon

SilveryBon

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:47 pm

Marie,

CLUE: Makes you wanna pee! Twisted Evil Are we allowed to say that?

Bon
Back to top Go down
SilveryBon

SilveryBon

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:54 pm

I agree with Rhonda and Fynn. Unless you are in your 20's or maybe 30's, our legs need the extra smoothness of pantyhose to hide the lumps and bumps and veins of age. Dresses and suits just look a lot more professional with hose. I couldn't wear dress shoes without hose. Ick! Mad
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: hose...   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 5:58 pm

Well, our dress code has included panty hose. I dont have a problem with that.. I wear the super duper suck-ya-all-in like a sausage) pantyhose but the majority (who are younger) want to go without. Now maybe its cuz it feels like 112 degrees today (with the weatherfolks saying: .Increasing Gulf Moisture Combined With Hotter Daytime Temperatures Will Lead To Heat Indices Rising Into The 105 To 110 Degree Range Friday Afternoon. These Hot Conditions Will Likely Persist Through The Weekend.
NOTE: my car temp on the way home from dr - 109 degrees.
When parking places are ranked by SHADE instead of CLOSE TO THE DOOR, you know its hot!!!

But I can not, and will not imagine wearing dress shoes without socks. Daring lil me, I will wear knee-highs under pants.. and even then I feel weird.

It seems to be the new fashion, to go without hose down here... I think it makes your skirts STICK to your legs... ew.

Rhonda --- who never does understand fashion..
Back to top Go down
vivianne417

vivianne417

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 5:01 pm

Ok, hi everybody (as I say in my movies) I'm going to chime in here as my first non intro post, if that's ok.

I will admit that I look like absolute crud right now. It's hotter than all hades here and I have....count 'em.....2 pairs of shorts. Make up?? Lace up shoes?? it's 100 degrees!! Maybe I should look into that Bare Minerals stuff or something because, in these temps, even makeup is stifling to me.

I know, I know......that whole dressing thing has been the hardest for me to get used to and I haven't even come close to mastering it yet.

I joined missussmartypants.com for the 3 month season and (gulp) I'm sorry to say I wasn't very happy with my $10 purchase. I found the free emails I get from her are sufficient enough to get the information. The shopping guides are great, with pictures of all the "in" styles and all that but the only way you can get something out of it...well....for me, is if you look like the manikin the clothes are on. No matter what size you are you get the same email. It would have helped a lot more if I could have seen what people of my big ol' body size would have looked like in them.

I wrote her (can't for the life of me remember her name) and told her about my concerns and she even offered to refund my money, which I didn't take.

Don't get me wrong! I think it's a great idea and still helps soooo many people of all body types!! I just couldn't picture it so it didn't help me any.
I did get a lot of my closet purged through her help and advice, though! That was actually a heck of a lot of fun! I loved throwing away almost all the stuff I've had since the 80's! LOL

I took a good hard look at my wardrobe and realized it was almost all 20 years out of date! But since we are low on funds right now and I can't afford new clothes I'm back to one of my 2 pairs of shorts and a T-shirt most days since I'm unemployed right now.

Oh, and about the panty hose....The last job I was at had a rule about that and I hated it! I suppose we just get used to it after a while but to me, anything that binds me up is distracting. I found that I couldn't do my job as well anymore and actually transferred from the secretarial stuff that I know to the back warehouse that I didn't know much about just because I could dress however I wanted. Very Happy

Viv
Back to top Go down
http://www.viviannesart.us
Fynn

Fynn

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 6:28 pm

Viv, I have the same issue...I'm unemployed and can't afford to spend a lot of money on clothes, so I'm wearing the same few outfits (which are all pretty baggy due to my disappearing body clutter). I decluttered my wardrobe a couple months ago (before relocation/unemployment) and got rid of outdated, ripped/stained, and non-fitting stuff...leaving me with not a lot! I'm doing laundry several times a week so it isn't a problem that I don't have a lot of clothes, but I do wish I could buy some more flattering outfits.

I do make an effort to look reasonably presentable most days...hair brushed, attire neat (if a bit baggy), shoes on...no makeup, though, unless I have a job interview.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So do you still look like Franny?   So do you still look like Franny? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So do you still look like Franny?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Flybaby Community Forum :: Fashion & MissusSmartyPants :: General-
Jump to: