Flybaby Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flybaby Community Forum

For Flybabies that want to be able to communicate with eachother and help eachother.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Body Clutter

Go down 
+4
BornToFly
sacto_heidi
Natalia
hometoworkigo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
hometoworkigo

hometoworkigo

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: body clutter   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 12:49 am

How many of us have body clutter to work on, in addition to the house thingie and clutter thingie?

Thingie, thingie, thingie.

Sorry, just realized I was over-using that word, so I thought I'd just roll with it.
Back to top Go down
Natalia
Natalia

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Clutter   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 12:52 am

If you dont mind, i made this a different topic.

Body clutter, i have not really a problem with it, since i have a strict diet with not a lot of fat. My DBF has gained wait A LOT though, since he stopped smoking at the end of last year. He has trouble with it, doesnt really wanna feel like he is on a diet, or do a lot of exercise. After a lot of bouncing around yelling at eachother about it (he does feel bad about the body clutter) he now announced that he will start by eating a bit better and go to the swimming pool once a week. So that is definitely a start and im glad (though if im honest in my mind its not enough.. oh oh perfectionism kicking in?)

You are working on your body clutter too?
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Clutter   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 2:51 am

Wow! I was going to post something tomorrow looking for a workout buddy or team. I've been whining to Rhonda about wanting to move more.

I was super active until about age 20 and I still had curves. Look at Mandolin's body type and you will see a young me. I sailed, played soccer, swim team, biked at least 10 miles a day, ran stairs...loved it all. At 30 I got pregnant and lost my mojo for movement. Now at 40...voluptuous and an inactive slug.

I bought a treadmill 10 months ago and sit here about 5 feet from it. I swear it has powers of invisibility because the only time I see it is when it gets dusty or when I am exhausted and heading to bed. I want to make walking a daily routine and not just a every so often "oh yah" thing. I have lost about 8 pounds since June just by cleaning more and drinking water. My mental block is that it is boring. My excuse pre-treadmill was my sun allergy. I can't just head out for a safe walk or bike ride in the sunshine.

I know my body...diets alone don't do it. I have been on them off and on for 25 years. Currently I have an eating problem where I have pretty much stopped my metabolism because I just don't eat much or often and my body thinks I am fasting most of the time. I love food...I just don't feel hunger until about 7 at night. I eat a healthy diet too. Meh.

So if anyone wants to start a buddy system thing I am looking for ideas or input. I don't think anyone I have met here responds well to "being told what to do" so avoiding that and figuring out how to make fun new habits seems attractive to me. If it isn't fun...not gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
BornToFly

BornToFly

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: Body Buddy!   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 11:09 am

Body Clutter is not my nemesis - mental clutter? - a different story!? LOL But, I digress.

I am 5'6'' & 127# - not a prob. I'm not a couch potatoe - far from it - I'm on the go as much as my bod will allow. But, I need the diligence of routine "maintenance exercise" to keep what I've got left going/functioning! I've been taking the dog out every morning into the roads out back for 30-40 minutes up till recently when I just couldn't take the heat, even in AM hours - darn near melts me inside out!! drunken

I don't have any "machines", but I'm sure we can easily do substitutions. Considered a cycle machine for a bit while doing post-op P.T. rehab, but then junked the idea - would rather have a real bike & go exploring down the roads! ... except in the rain! ... too muddy!!

... & you're right - I'm a Leo & being told what to do is OFF the bottom of my list right along with everyone else here!!. But, an accountability/buddy setup might fill the bill & keep me at it. ... & yes - it needs to be fun to be doable. or it's a drag!! So, let's hear it - I'm all ears! flower

Marie sunny
Back to top Go down
vivianne417

vivianne417

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Clutter   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 5:39 pm

Hehe I'll be your buddy, Heidi. I don't know about suggestions, though.

I have the exact same problem! I eat a healthy...well....mostly healthy vegetarian diet for years but I'm just not active enough!

I don't sleep much so I instinctively want to get up at 3 or 4 and fix breakfast but then I fall back to sleep (after the sun comes up) for about an hour and I'm not hungry anymore. Then I don't want to eat till 2 or 3pm. At that point I'm worried that if I eat then I won't want to eat dinner so I don't bother with lunch. Dinner is usually somewhere between 7 and 8 and then I go to bed at 10:30 after the Simpsons. Smile

I was always told to eat when hungry but if I'm never hungry........

I spend a good part of my day in front of the computer. I've been trying to get out in the back yard (my new zone) a couple times a day to pull weeds or whatever. All that did was just about kill my hamstrings because I wasn't used to all the movement. Still working on the back yard, though! cheers I hope to post a movie about that. I wish I would have done one in the beginning.

But anyway, I've got about 30-50 lbs of "guilt weight" to get off of me before I'm down to a happy size so lets get together and do something! I could give it a running go....no running, though. LOL

Viv
Back to top Go down
http://www.viviannesart.us
hometoworkigo

hometoworkigo

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: In my head...   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 5:47 pm

In my head...I'm still a size seven.
But that's not my reality (alas!).
I, too have a treadmill. Up until recently, it was buried in clutter.

Okay, here's what I'm willing to do:

One of these things five days a week (feel free to add to my list):

Grab the iPod and walk on treadmill for ONE SEGMENT of the FlyShow broadcast (approx. 20 minutes).

Grab the Twister Dance game and play with my kiddos for 15 minutes (this is some club-style dancing fun!).

Grab the DVD player and pop in a video and work out for at least 15 minutes.

Grab my husband or a stroller and head out for a 15 minute walk.

Grab the remote and make my Comcast Digital Cable do an On-Demand exercise show. Heck, I pay for this stuff. Why not use it?
Back to top Go down
Fynn

Fynn

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Clutter   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 6:11 pm

I definitely have body clutter issues...due to numerous factors, but I'm convinced that the pile-on that occurred over the last few years was largely due to overscheduling and exhaustion. Now that I'm following Flylady's suggestion to get plenty of rest, my clutter is slowly disappearing, without any significant effort on my part.

When I lived in DC, I worked insane hours, made tons of money, and usually rewarded myself with food (especially after I had my DD, because my crazy schedule meant that I couldn't reward myself with personal/pampering time). So I ordered out from high-end restaurants, bought out the bakery and cheese sections at Whole Foods, and wondered why I kept growing out of my clothes. Razz Now that I am in a new city and not working yet, all that has changed...as I'm not sure how quickly I'll find work, I'm being VERY conscious of conserving our savings by (a) buying only the groceries that are needed - very little in the way of snack foods and sweets, and (b) cooking/eating at home most of the time, instead of ordering out. I'm eating 2-3 good meals a day but not snacking much because I'm just not hungry between meals, and I'm also taking care to eat my fill but not stuff myself. I don't want to spend the money for a daily Starbucks run, so I'll brew myself a pot of strong coffee now and then, and add a splash of skim milk and sugar-free flavoring syrup...much healthier and more economical. Etc.

I don't weigh regularly (my scale got broken in the move and I'm not inclined to replace it right now), but my clothes are falling off, so I'd estimate that I've lost about 20 pounds. You know your body clutter is going away when you have a hard time keeping up your undies, LOL!

The one thing I really need to add is exercise. Now that I'm home, I'm sharing equally in the housework with DH, so I'm moving around more in general...but I'd like to at least add a daily walk if I can get myself up before it gets too hot. I also bought some plus-size yoga DVDs right before I moved, but haven't gotten around to doing them yet...
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Clutter   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 12:44 am

I have a leg that weights 127...LOL! Kidding but I can't imagine 127 or a size 7. I weighed my age plus a zero growing up. Meaning at 12 I weighed 120, 13 was 130, etc. Thank goodness I am not 400 pounds now at 40 for my own good!

I can do 15 minutes a day in the evenings before dinner. After I eat I am dead while I digest - which is another reason I got used to not eating during the day - I get SO sleepy. Then there is that thyroid thing which screws everything up. Anyhoo...

I love the ideas! For me, the hardest part will be getting my butt on the treadmill every day. That's it. Once on I know I will feel great and love the results. It's just like tackling a cluttery room...gotta open the door and start the timer.
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: I have no excuse... well okay I do.   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 12:16 pm

Yes Heidi.. I saw that whining Smile Want some cheese to go with that wine (whine)?_ heheheeh just pokin fun now.. I love ya.

Ok. lets to the quickie version here:
7th grade - started taking thyroid meds. Always cold.
High school. Stayed about size 14 most of the time.. How I did that with the munchies, I'll never know
Grad.. working.. and the piles began to multiply. (sigh)
Kids in 1988 and 2000 ...
Diabetic in around 2004.
Lost 50
Gained back 30 already.

What do I Know:
I know when my blood sugar is jacked up ... Im completely useless. My head hurts, I ccan't think - let alone remember sh*t.
Blood sugar Low - feel like Im gonna fall out. I did pass out once after work walking to the car. Woke up face down on the concrete.. coffee cup still in my hand. I apparently just wilted. Told the dr - he said - "well if it happens again..." ummmmmmmmmm no. Idiot.
So.. I try to eat something during the day. Big meals throw me into a sugar coma... sooooooo sleepy. So Im trying to eat little things during the day. Now when I start this.. I go into sugar withdrawal. (damn those Mint Oreo cookies)... So I do better with protien and veges, a lil fruit (best in the morning on empty stomach) and watch those carbs. They will send me reeling.

I need to exercise. period. How do you bring blood sugar down. Exercise. I know this. I just ddont do it. Why??? well when its 104 heat index at 9am in the morning - it kinda zaps your get up and go...
My get-up-and-go.. got up and went alright.
Not to mention... somebody has to work right? So I should (and did for a while) start walking in the evenings.
So if we are gonna move.. this is what I need to do. Would love to bicycle, but my bike got broken. (its was the kids bike which was jacked up and is why HE got a new one) I've never had one. DH loves to bike ride.. but yano.. it hurts my YOU-KNOW-WHAT! well ok.. it does! ouch!

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
http://360.yahoo.com/rpeaceflowers
hometoworkigo

hometoworkigo

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: My own Quickie Version   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 2:26 pm

I weighed 128 when I was married. I have no idea why we can remember our weight at major life milestones, but we can.

I gained 12 pounds for each miscarriage. Do the math. 12 x 6 = 72
72 pounds worth of emotional clutter, I guess.

Oddly enough, I didn't gain weight with my successful pregnancies at all, even though they had me eating like a horse. Wish I could have kept that metabolism!

The extra 17 pounds came on as a bonus, I guess, along with the sleepless nights and days of Little Miss Emma. It was when the Emmerling was born that I stopped cooking. I stopped everything, actually, except whining that I didn't get enough sleep, crying that I didn't get enough sleep, and yelling that I didn't get enough sleep. ONSGHR (DH) did what he could, but, sheesh!, that was tough stuff.

For the past year, I've felt like I was coming from behind on everything. I was gestational diabetic with both pregnancies, but am not diabetic in real life. I tend not to like big slabs of meat...I'm better with vegetarian foods or with meat mixed-in...like a lo mein or a soup or stir fry or pasta dish. Obviously, this makes my body a little carb-crazy (my blood glucose can get on the higher side of normal, but as of this writing I have not crossed over to the Dark Side). I know I need to do something to get my weight and blood sugar on more of an even keel, but the idea of choking down slabs of meat on a regular basis doesn't appeal to me at all, even when my health is at risk.

Recently, I heard about a study that showed that a vegan diet can be as effective as the ADA diet at helping diabetics. http://www.pcrm.org/health/diabetes/
Being semi-veg, I was excited until I realized that Thai chicken and milk and cheese were not vegan, duh! So now, I'm really trying to find a plan that works well for me...that I like and that I can stick to. I like recipes from the book Change One.
http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/103-0062823-1640677?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=change+one

But mostly, lately, I've been using the vegetarian menus from www.savingdinner.com, only I've been substituting chicken breast for tofu and tempeh, which they usually have once a week.

Slowly, but surely, I'm gonna find something I can stick with.
Back to top Go down
internettie

internettie

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Clutter   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:56 pm

I've recently lost about 13 pounds of Body Clutter by giving up Cherry Coke, candy, and fast/junk food. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.skootersdogblog.blogspot.com
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: hmmm   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 8:04 pm

I think I FOUND the pounds you lost... Very Happy or I sat on them and they stuck.Shocked

just kidding....

Rhondasue.
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Clutter   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 12:34 am

If you didn't see it, I made a "FLYBODY" thread for those of you who want to do anything for your health. "FlyBody"..."Finally Loving Your Body"...health. Cute huh? Just say yes!

It's like a progress journal to keep you going. There is a stickie to read and then jump on in if this is something you would like to participate in. It can be anything that would make you feel better about the already fabulous you.

Beginning this week, I'm starting a routine for altering my metabolism by drinking water more, exercise and eating breakfast. I can do this! These babysteps will hopefully become ME routines and stick.
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: oh yeah...   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 7:57 am

Oh yeah.. I saw it.. and my first responce was EEK! just kidding. Of course it was cute - and I know I NEED to do this.

Let me think of what I can (will)(want) to commit too...
Obviously this will entail going to the grocery store and getting regular food. I think DH is done with his "junk food" moment. I got and saved the Kroger circular... and have it on my desk. So I can menu plan. I soooo didnt do that for a week... and it shows. ON MY @SS!

SEcondly - I have my 2nd Dermo Appt today at 4pm. This is for a supposedly ALLERGY that's on the old' hands here. (since October, can you see how long I put it off?? yeah - GUILTY) SO I want to stay on that and get better. Itchy hands, and hurting hands are not fun.

let me keep thinking about this.... something I will COMMIT to...
Yeah... really commit too.. and not get hung up on "how much did I lose, how much did I lose" and try not to be all fixated and wigged out. The 1st week will be the hardest... carb withdrawal and all.

Ok... talking to self... my bad.
RS
Back to top Go down
Natalia
Natalia

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Clutter   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 8:07 am

Ok, i decided that i would plan my eating even more and also plan in my breakfast and lunch. I most of the time forget to eat until my stomach rumbbles and then i still have to think of something safe for me to make. And my bowels should never be emptry.. so that is a very wrong combination. So i just made my menu from tomorrow to next thursday and with breakfasts, lunches, breads, muffins, and dinners Smile

So that i will commit to, keeping me to my schedule. Hope this will go alright. And i am gonna try to drink more water. I should be around 4l and most of the time im at 1,5l if i also count my tea (without cafeine).

I dont need to lose body clutter but i do need to take better care of myself so ill join you girls.
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Clutter   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 2:22 pm

I am horrid at dieting and exercise plans. I get overwhelmed by the shopping lists, recipies, weighing, measuring, charting everything...ack! It becomes a second job. Then I feel like I am competing for pounds lost.

After having my hand held for 6 weeks in diet bootcamp (crisis cleaning) I set out on my own and don't know diddly about the maintenance phase. First time in a restaurant and you may as well shoot me. Sound familiar? This is no different than the Clean House crew coming in and doing it all in a home. They leave? Whaaa...? I didn't learn a single lasting or realistic habit!

That is why my FLYBody commitments are going to be tried as babystepping new routines. I need to learn habits in little chunks just like shining my sink or grabbing a load of laundry. When I get a couple routines established and automatic I can add more. I instictively want it all done at once just like at home but we all know how well that works. *roll eyes*
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: Be Gentle...   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 7:48 pm

Okay.. who made the rule that eating healthy has got to be so hard.
First its hard to get motivated to do
Then its hard to start
Then its hard to choke down stuff you really dont want
and hard not to grab and scarf this stuff you DO want.

So my plan will start like this.
Tonight for dinner - its baked fish w/ parm couscous and cauliflower and bean pod thingee-mabobbers.
At least its some good food. I have to snap my body into craving the good stuff again.. (and stay awwwwwway from the mint oreos - they wake me up at 3am - calling my name... omg)
Ok.. stop.
Then... create a menu plan.
also, plan for appropriate snacks.

(pause) ok dinner was ready and I ate. (yawn)
Took 2nd dose meds (these I always forget)
This should be another GOAL....
.. take evening meds.

still mullling.........
RS
Back to top Go down
internettie

internettie

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Clutter   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 8:16 pm

After talking to Leanne on the FLYShow today I've decided that I need to give this Body Clutter thing more of my attention. Leanne suggested that I:

1. Drink more water than I am currently drinking (which is basically not much)

2. Go for a walk. Even if it's only for 5 or 10 minutes it's better than not doing anything.

3. Try the Body Clutter Menu Mailer. (I've already signed up!)

It was really nice to have someone to talk to about Body Clutter that understood. It was as nice as having you all here in the Flybaby Forum. I knew I just needed some direction today. Things just aren't that obvious to me. It's simple things that Leanne suggested. Things I think I can actually do.

So tonight for dinner I had about 6 ounces of meat, a salad and a small piece of 9 grain bread. And water. That's better than my normal dinner (cereal Rolling Eyes ). I'm going to walk tomorrow morning and pick up my groceries that are on the BCMM in the afternoon. I've struggled with trying to figure out what to make for meals, but the BCMM will help with that problem. It's nice because it has breakfast and lunch suggestions too. I'm thinking that I might make the dinner meal for lunch and the lunch meal for dinner. I'm not much for eating a lot later in the day.

It was another one of those moments today, when I was talking to Leanne, where I realized that I don't have to do this perfectly. Something is better than nothing. I don't have to master the plan before I can start.

I can do this. flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.skootersdogblog.blogspot.com
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Clutter   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 2:41 am

Yes! Cereal is a big part of one of the food groups! I saw that on your radio show post, Samantha. See how good you are?

I liked Leanne's advice to walk for 5 minutes to the end of the street and back if that is where you are. My 10 minute goal on the FLYBODYs thread is doable for me. I very purposefully set goals that I would only fail if I didn't try to begin with. It's mental! I had to set myself up to win.

I give you snaps for starting with menu planning, ladies. Let me know how you do...I might go there for next month's new habit. You can do it!
Back to top Go down
Fynn

Fynn

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Clutter   Body Clutter Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 1:11 pm

I must admit that cereal is a *good* food group for me! If I eat cereal for breakfast (especially with skim milk and fruit), it means I'm NOT eating sugary pastries, or hitting the drive-through for some kind of grease-fried junk.

I'll admit that I occasionally have cereal for dinner, but not so much now that I'm home and not working...when I used to work until 8-9 pm sometimes I'd be too tired to grab anything but cereal when I came home. I do feel much better (especially the next morning) when I eat something in the protein/veggies/whole grains category for dinner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Body Clutter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Body Clutter   Body Clutter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Body Clutter
Page 1 of 1