Flybaby Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flybaby Community Forum

For Flybabies that want to be able to communicate with eachother and help eachother.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My office and garage

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
internettie

internettie

My office and garage Empty
PostSubject: My office and garage   My office and garage Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 6:11 pm

The first dungeon in my house that I took care of was my office. There wasn't that much stuff (books, trinkets) to declutter, but there were pounds and pounds of paper clutter. I did the 'stuff decluttering' first. I used my timer and did just 15 minutes at a time. It didn't take long to do that part of it. But I couldn't face the paperwork. I closed the door and tried to forget about it. But I knew what it looked like in there and it kept bugging me. No

One day last week I decided to tackle the paper clutter. I had to pull out all of the paperwork at one time because it was all in different places. It wouldn't have made sense to do one bin at a time because there was a lot of crossover. I would declutter a bit then take a break. I did that for hours. It didn't feel like a burden either. I was having fun. With every piece of paper I got rid of I felt better and better. Hubby shredded everything. What I thought would take me days, only took hours. And that's because I took so many breaks. Laughing I ended up tossing 25 pounds of paper clutter! cheers

You can check out my videos, on youtube, about my office dungeon, here.

The second dungeon we dealt with was the garage. The entire floor was piled with boxes, bins and stuff. We started decluttering in April 2007 and finished 3 1/2 MONTHS later! Shocked We used the timer and decluttered 15 minutes at a time, taking breaks and only working as long as it was fun. Let me just say, there were lots of days that only 15 minutes of decluttering was done. We just kept plugging away at it until it was done. It's not perfect and that's okay. We are able to park BOTH vehicles in there now. cheers cheers David has his work benches set up and I put some storage shelves together (camping gear, auto supplies, etc.).

It was awesome when we could see the majority of the floor in the garage. It was a long project, but so well worth it.

You can check out my videos on jumpcut about my garage here.

We've made a lot of progress and it feels very good.

We still have another dungeon to deal with: the master bedroom suite. I know that Marla says that this is the first room that should be taken care of, but we've left it for last. I don't know why that is. confused I can't relax in my bedroom because, even though we've been in the house for over a year, the parts to my bed frame are leaning up against the wall. Rolling Eyes The lights that will go over the bed are on the floor. It NEVER looks welcoming or relaxing in my bedroom. But I know now that working just 15 minutes at a time will fix this. Now I am hopeful. It doesn't seem overwhelming anymore. It's still not done, but I know that soon it will be. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.skootersdogblog.blogspot.com
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: bedroom   My office and garage Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 6:30 pm

At least put the pretty things up! It made a world of difference when we got our first bedroom furniture. I tend to keep things put up better (better not P.....) I think it does make a difference. It stops that fast whirring thing my brain does when you lay down. Plus you arent dodging boxes or clothes piles on the floor.

You go girl!
Rhonda
Back to top Go down
http://360.yahoo.com/rpeaceflowers
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: My office and garage   My office and garage Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 2:37 pm

The only thing on the floor is sunshine! I love that. Very Happy

Doing your bedroom will be fun. Really. Just pretend it's 1975 and your mom gave you free reign to decorate your room or think of when you were first out of the house and had your own place...fun!

Don't forget a reward like buying candles and something girly for when you are done. Orrrr...you could buy the girlie thing first and lay it out. David will see it and BAM! Instant helper to get the room done.
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: My office and garage   My office and garage Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 3:13 pm

here is where i would begin (but i'm a bit of a devil Twisted Evil )

I would move the bed aside (far from where the light should go), cover it with plastic or something to protect, and go ask DA MAN OF DA HOUSE to hang the bloody lamp right now so we can move the bed back to its place and get into it (do never specificly say what to do once in there) geek . The following week, strip the bed and ask him to put the frames. The rest will only be decluttering an decorating Very Happy
Back to top Go down
internettie

internettie

PostSubject: Re: My office and garage   My office and garage Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 10:25 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! Very Happy I don't know if DA MAN OF DA HOUSE will want to do things out of order (his idea of 'order') or for that fact, a little at a time. He's a guy. He needs to see progress NOW Exclamation I will suggest it to him though. Thanks, April.

Rhonda, I think I will put the pretty things up now while the bed is still apart. I may even break down and get some curtains (all we have right now are mini-blinds Rolling Eyes Embarassed ).

Great ideas, Heidi! Wink I especially like the idea of enticing David to help me do this. That will surely make it fun. flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.skootersdogblog.blogspot.com
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: pretties   My office and garage Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 8:50 am

You deserve some pretties... even if the clutter isnt done. You deserve some beauty around YOUR beauty. I think I'm the worst at not doing or getting something cuz I cant justify the cost in my head.

Love yourself with some pretties!
RS
Back to top Go down
http://360.yahoo.com/rpeaceflowers
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My office and garage   My office and garage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My office and garage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Flybaby Community Forum :: Housekeeping & Flylady.net :: Dungeon-video's-