Flybaby Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flybaby Community Forum

For Flybabies that want to be able to communicate with eachother and help eachother.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do I insert images ?

Go down 
+3
sacto_heidi
april
Lina
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lina

Lina

How do I insert images ? Empty
PostSubject: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 3:03 pm

I made an account in www.serving.com and uploaded images there,but couldn't insert one in my post ?

Thanks .
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 4:39 pm

I think it may work doing
Code:
[img]url[/img]
where url is the address of the image you want to insert.

lets try

How do I insert images ? Queteden

I did:
Code:
[img]http://piensaenborde.googlepages.com/queteden.gif[/img]

and how did I know what adress to write?. right click on the image you want to insert, click on properties, double click on the long address and copy/paste.

voilą

Laughing
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 4:39 pm

If you uploaded an image you are not going to use the "Insert an Image" button. You will use the url for the image and make it a link.

Open the image in your browser, copy the url, paste it here, select it and click the "Image" button.

Click "Preview" to see if it works.

EDIT: OOPS! I typed "Link". I meant "Image"...sorry Lina!!! Embarassed

Last edited by on Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 4:40 pm

We posted at the same time! Yah...what April said. lol!
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: wow   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 4:50 pm

** sits and admires all the smartie girls **
Rhonda
Back to top Go down
http://360.yahoo.com/rpeaceflowers
april

april

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 11:50 am

hehehehhhehe, smart people never sleep Suspect Suspect

one way or the other, if you want your image to show here, use the [img] method. if you want the img to pop only when clicked use the [url] method.
drunken
Back to top Go down
Lina

Lina

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 12:16 pm

YES OF COURSE SMART AND QUICK ,THANK YOU BOTH Smile

But I've never copied or pasted anything before so I'll ask DH to teach me.OK, I'M not as smart Smile

BTW,what's url Question Question Question

For April ,what's your name in flylady group on jumpcut,I'd like to add you as a friend flower
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 12:29 pm

Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 12:41 pm

Lina, I never got to register at jumpcut because I didn't know how to, and now that I know how to, flylady group has no activity. Do you know if one can register and join just as somebody's fan without being in a group? I mean, just be there as a standalone name that can post messages and films, but doesn't belong to a group? If not, I might as well find a Springsteen group and join (arf arf)
Back to top Go down
Lina

Lina

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 12:51 pm

Yes ,sure you can register without having activeties.You can still comment , make friends and make and watch movies. In fact most Flybabies are just watchers( I think ).

We have movies that didn't show up in the group,too bad.But it appears on my home page if any of my friends made a movie or commented on mine.( comments show up even from non friends members )

So, you're welcom to join us . flower Don't forget to tell us your nickname.
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: Flylady Group   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 8:59 pm

Ohhhh don't mention that - sore spot for me. How many have I made now maybe four. Only the 1st one shows up ... And I post that I made a new one too.

Even fllylady's aren't that good... there are tons that are much better!

Major sore spot... but I think everyone here is my jumpcut buddies , so when ya'll do new stuffies... I ru-u-u-u-u-un go see it! And give you all my wittle hearts! Smile

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
http://360.yahoo.com/rpeaceflowers
april

april

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 2:56 am

I did it! I registered at jumcut as Abril http://www.jumpcut.com/abril
let's see if I can find you all. alien

//added

I think I found and added as friends Lina (Lanloon), Internettie, Rhonda sue and Heidi (sacto_heidi) and Natalia (Dutchgirl). Did I get it right?
Back to top Go down
Lina

Lina

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 3:37 am

Yes, they are all right,hope you have a good time making your own movies Smile

I still have a problem.I tried Many times to insert an image ,followed April and Hiedi's instructions carefully but all I get posted is the url of the image.Could any body figure out where I was wrong ?
Back to top Go down
Lina

Lina

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 3:48 am

Horrrrray,I did it Very Happy .Ok I figured out what was wrong.The photos I was copying didn't have a url in their properties only the name.So I copied one of the photos in my jumpcut and found that it has a url.I pasted it here sucssefully.You'll see the image soon Smile
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 4:09 am

go you, Lina!! see, we all learn new tricks here. I guess we're not-so-old dogs Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
BornToFly

BornToFly

PostSubject: Uncle!! Uncle!! I give!!   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 10:03 pm

Ok , you guys, I must be extra dense - I have read & reread all the posted directions for inserting images & I CAN"T get it to work at all. No

Am I supposed to type the "[img][img]" you talk about & then copy & paste my pic url in between them? Or, am I just supposed to copy & paste the url in my post & then click "insert an image"?? But, that just takes me back to Servimg.com. Yuk! monkey

But, like Lina, ALL I get with any of many versions I've tried is the url ONLY in my post!! No picture!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr; as Rhonda would say! Wish it helped - arrggghhh - why can't I understand this stuff? - even preschoolers can do this stuff these days!! geek

But, I don't give up, just pause awhile 'til my haedache goes away & then try again with the sage advice from you smart ladies!! Yay! Razz

Marie sunny
Back to top Go down
Lina

Lina

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 2:11 am

Oh you made me remember my frustration trying to insert images ,it took me a whole day I thought I will never do it No

I will try my best to show you how.First forget about [ insert an image ] that you see up here,as Heidi said it has nothing to do with * inserting images* Exclamation And forget about Serving .com I made an account for nothing after all.

Now this is what you do :

1. Right click on the picture .
2. click properties.
3. highlight the url.
4. right click on the highlighted url.
5. click copy.
6. go to your post ,click the [ image ] ,not the [ insert an image ],it will show in the post.
7. right click beside it ,then click paste,the url will show beside it.
8. Highlight the [image] and the url.
9. click [image] again.
10. click preview.
I will copy my DD picture again to be sure I didn't forget anything,if you have any questions I'm here.

[img]How do I insert images ? View
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 9:14 am

BornToFly wrote:

Am I supposed to type the "[img]How do I insert images ? >yep, that's the right way to do it, but make sure you get the slash just before the second img
Back to top Go down
BornToFly

BornToFly

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 10:05 pm

How do I insert images ? 4-3

OMIGOSH !!! I FINALLY GOT IT !!!??

You ladies are wizards! ..... & very patient ones, at that!

Lina - Your detailed explanation helped immensely!! Thank you muchly!

April - I had overlooked the "/" thingie & I had left a space in the middle that shouldn't be there. ... picky! picky!!? Who knew?? Thank you, thank you!

... & do I dare bug you guys with yet another puzzle to me?? How do you get url addresses for the pictures in your personal folder in your computer so you can insert them here? ... other than taking them to Servimg.com?

Again, many thanx - I am SO delighted! flower

Marie sunny
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:26 am

YEA YOU!!!

All pictures, content, etc. posted anywhere on the internet has to be uploaded to a server host so you have to upload them before you can share.
Back to top Go down
BornToFly

BornToFly

PostSubject: urls ...   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:28 pm

Thanx, Heidi!

It sure took a lot of time & had me pretty frustrated for a bit!

... & who are these "server hosts"? What one do most folks use? Where do you find them?

I know - pretty basic for talented people like yourself, but that's where I'm still at!!? geek

Marie sunny
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:08 am

No problem! I am not exactly a whiz with this stuff and I design web sites. I leave the how and where to David.

According to your email address, AOL is your host ISP (Internet Service Provider.) I use Comcast. Those guys are just the ones who get your computer or network hooked into the web. Some are better at it than others and there are a bazzilion of them. If you want to know the basics I suggest:

http://www.internet101.org/
Back to top Go down
BornToFly

BornToFly

PostSubject: Info time!   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:55 pm

Thanx for the referral, Heidi - it gives me a place to start which I wouldn't have known how to find on my own. Knowing where to look is half the battle!

I'm on my way to check it out! I'll tell you if it helps. The way the url is written sounds like the level I need!! geek

Marie sunny
Back to top Go down
SilveryBon

SilveryBon

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:14 pm

Don't feel ashamed, Marie. I am far, far dumber than you are about computers. I don't even know what the gals were talking about up there. Question I'm lucky I'm able to e-mail my friends and family.

Heidi, you are a regular fountain of info and resources! How do you find all this stuff you keep telling us about? How do you have TIME to find all this stuff and read all these sites? Shocked

Bonnie
Back to top Go down
BornToFly

BornToFly

PostSubject: Just go for it!   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 5:11 pm

Thanx for the moral support, Bonnie - it sure bolsters a gal up! I just don't give up when I know there must be a way & folks out there who know about it who can help me. In other fields, I'm able to help back, but not this one , so far! Neutral

Just like that BenefitBar thing FlyLady is promoting now - it took me 3 weeks, NO exageration, to find out how to get it to appear on my screen after downloading it. scratch I went after it 'cuz FL sounds like she wants to switch her reminders & stuff to it, away from Yahoo, more & more. I e-mailed FL, they referred me to BenefitBar's reps & one of them has e-mailed me several times & called me 3 times trying to help me to get it to work!! By myself?? ..... it never would have happened No & I would have been left out of the activity - I don't have enuf computer savvy yet!! I just keep reaching out - you can, too!!! Discovery is tons of fun! farao

Marie sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I insert images ?   How do I insert images ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I insert images ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Flybaby Community Forum :: Suggestionbox-
Jump to: