Flybaby Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flybaby Community Forum

For Flybabies that want to be able to communicate with eachother and help eachother.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well I got my exercise today!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bug

Bug

Well I got my exercise today! Empty
PostSubject: Well I got my exercise today!   Well I got my exercise today! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 3:12 pm

My son forgot his book report and project that HAD to be turned in today and I didn't have my car. I wasn't feeling good either and my husband got them up to go to school so I could stay in bed. They went back to sleep though and we didn't wake up till 9am! So they were both late to school today. I let Riley walk to school even though I don't like to let him go that far alone. I just had him call me after he got there. AND THEN I STILL had to walk there in the snow (up hill and back LOL) to take him his homework!!! Okay, so it's not uphill but it IS snowing like mad here right now. I also fell on my hip on the way home. It is so slippery! It's about 5 blocks to the school and I could hardly see. I was so furious that he forgot after I put it all in a plastic bag for him so it wouldn't get wet from the snow and then he left it in the garage. He's almost 11 and in 5th grade! Well I am trying to teach him to be more responsible but I don't want him to get an F either (especially after working with him to make sure he put together a really good project!) so I made up a contract and made him sign it before I'd let him have his homework.

Check it out. I have this signed and dated by him and I'm going to put it in a scrapbook. He even crossed out the word "closet" and I made him circle and initial it. The only thing I didn't do was get it NOTARIZED LOL Do you think this will stand up in court?????

OFFICIAL CONTRACT

I 0 U
(I OWE YOU)

For delivery of my homework on the last day it is due when my mom was sick and had no car and thus had to WALK in the SNOW (UPHILL AND BACK!) I agree to help my mom clean up the whole house this weekend. I will detail (super clean) where ever my mom asks. I will help with whatever she asks me to help with and I will not make her wait. I will do an extra good job and if needed I will clean it over again to make my mom happy. I will clean my room until it is spotless and until it is acceptable to my mom – that includes, behind and under everything and the closet.

Sign _________________________

Date _________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mygardenblue.blogspot.com
Natalia
Natalia

PostSubject: Re: Well I got my exercise today!   Well I got my exercise today! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 1:44 pm

Oh that is fantastic!! I laughed really hard. I hope it worked Bug!! Very Happy

My mom would have let me taken the fall, she things its the only way you learn... and she was right.. i only did it once and never again.. but then again i loved school, so i was terrified to get anything under a 7 (1 to 10, 6 and up is enough) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bug

Bug

PostSubject: That's different   Well I got my exercise today! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 5:45 pm

When I was in school they only went by percentages and with my parents nothing less than 100% was good enough. You wouldn't believe how many times I got a 99%! So it's no wonder I'm a perfectionist huh? I now have a 4.0 (perfect) and I'm still waiting on pins and needles to see what I have after this last class.

My kids' school goes by letter grades and Riley thinks he's doing great if he only has 2 F's. He said 2 F's is better than 5 F's. I want to see A's and B's and even an occasional C would be alright but not D's and F's!!!!!! eeeeerrrrrrgggh!

Friday was the last day of the 1st quarter so he worked really hard the last few weeks to try to pull up his grades. He HAD several F's and some D's. The last time I checked he wasdown to 2 F's and the rest were D's. We are just going to give his brother some money for A's and B's and D's and F's have negative values. They have to work to pay them back.
Back to top Go down
http://mygardenblue.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well I got my exercise today!   Well I got my exercise today! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well I got my exercise today!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Flybaby Community Forum :: Food & SavingDinner :: Body Clutter-
Jump to: