Flybaby Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flybaby Community Forum

For Flybabies that want to be able to communicate with eachother and help eachother.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do ya mean.. no messages

Go down 
+4
BornToFly
april
SilveryBon
RhondaSue
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lina

Lina

What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 12:19 am

Not at all , that was intresting. We love to know about other traditions Smile
Back to top Go down
SilveryBon

SilveryBon

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 5:16 pm

santa Welcome back, ladies! I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas with loved ones and friends, making lots of special memories! We hosted DH's usual clan plus my DD and her family, for a total of 16 people! I was fighting a cold, but managed to serve a bountiful feast, and I think a good time was had by all. geek

Maybe religion seems 'dead' in Europe because it was forced on people for so many centuries; i.e., Catholicism in Spain, Italy, etc., and the Church of England in Great Britain. In the USA, people are free to practice whatever religion they wish (or not). This is just my opinion, of course, but I'd say major religions are Catholic, Jewish, and Christianity, which includes denominations too numerous to mention, but the largest ones are Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian, Church of Christ, Church of God, Lutheran, Episcopalian, Congregational, Nazarene, Apostolic, Assembly of God, Alliance, Brethren, Pentacostal, Mormon, Amish, and many more, plus thousands of non-denominational and community churches. Muslims are gaining, too. For the most part, these groups are tolerant and respectful of each other, and they are not under government control.

People sometimes wonder why there are so many different denominations. I like to think of it as a large family, all of whom have the same genes and basic heritage, yet each family member has their own traits, personalities, interests, talents, and so forth. Yet they belong to that one family. And, as a father loves each of his children even though they are very different, God too loves us all. Does that help any?
Back to top Go down
Lina

Lina

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 3:30 am

Wow , I didn't think Christianity has soooo many denominations. The way you think of it is beautiful, that they are all ONE big family. I love you
Back to top Go down
Natalia
Natalia

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 1:35 am

So how is everyone doing this new year?

Ive been too busy, flylady is right i need to slow down, but i just dont know how atm without all the plates falling Smile

And i was wondering how you all were doing, since the last post was 2 weeks ago Smile
Back to top Go down
SilveryBon

SilveryBon

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 8:02 pm

Yay! Welcome back, Natalia! Where IS everyone?? HAPPY NEW YEAR, Y'ALL!!! jocolor

I've been wondering what kind of New Year's customs everybody has? For instance, FlyLady said that in the South, they have black-eyed peas, collard greens, and cornbread on New Year's Day. Here in the Midwest, dining on roast pork and sauerkraut is supposed to assure prosperity in the new year. What's your custom?
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 9:00 am

we don't have a specific custom for new year. in NY Eve people usually eat 12 grapes when the clock strikes twelve (a grape for each bell). Some people wear red underwear, bu that is a quite new custom and it hasn't really become a tradition. In New Year we gather together for lunch, but there is no traditional food.
Back to top Go down
Natalia
Natalia

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 1:15 pm

Only tradition we have is fireworks! At midnight most dutchies light loads and loads of fireworks, its nice to see. Im a bit scared of it tho (lots of ppl start the new year with less fingers because they werent careful) so i stay inside and just look at all the colors Smile
Back to top Go down
SilveryBon

SilveryBon

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 2:40 pm

OH, YES!!! Fireworks would be really exciting! bom I guess some of the big cities do that here, but we don't locally.

The red underwear could be interesting..... lol!

A lot of people here attend New Year's Eve parties or have a night on the town, then at exactly midnight, you kiss your spouse or SO and toast to the new year. We are not drinkers, so we just had a quiet evening with DH's brother & sister-in-law, and their sister, playing games and snarfing down some great snacks. I think we stayed till about 2 a.m. We were going to go to a progressive dinner our church group was having that evening, but since his sister was visiting, we just did the family thing.

Anyone else out there? flower
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: whoa.. ya'll are still here?   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 8:56 am

well imagine my surprise when I saw that something new had been posted to the forum!! WOW! Ya'll are still out here!

Is anyone else needing to start over? I've not been flying so much as working, exercising, eating healthy - and being exhausted at night. Oh the sink is still shiney and the dishes and wash are done ... but I havent dusted in forever. Just wondering if I'm the only back-slider!

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
http://360.yahoo.com/rpeaceflowers
SilveryBon

SilveryBon

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 2:03 pm

YAY!!! Welcome back, Rhonda Sue!! It's so great to see you back again! We missed you!!!! cheers

I figured you gals with new jobs were probably swamped and had better things to do than natter on here, especially with the holidays and all. Have you heard from Heidi, how things are going for her?

Yes, Rhonda, I need to start over, too! You aren't alone!!! I have no problem with laundry, since my DGS has moved back home and it's just DH and me to keep up with; but I'm doing swish & swipe maybe twice a week and shining my sink even less...... Rolling Eyes

I still haven't put together FlyLady's Control Journal that I bought MONTHS ago.... much less actually using it. Embarassed After DGS moved out, we moved some of the boxes of STUFF into his room, but the house is still way too cluttered. Besides, now TWO bedrooms are dungeons! Aargh! But I did tackle a shopping bag of paper clutter left over from the 4th of July stash & dash, and of course most of it could be thrown away now. If I would just tackle one bag or box each day, I might someday make some headway in all this squalor. Ugh!

OH! I did buy the rubba scrubba, and it truly is wonderful for pet hair on furniture (and clothes)! Even DH was impressed. I got one for him to use on the seats of our cars, too.
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: oh yeah   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 3:34 pm

Heidi is going good... she has moved and got things put away and is working hard and like a dog. She did NOT float away during the storms either. Heidi? Are you here?

Prior to new years, I began making a HEALTHY PLAN FOR 2008. I found a piano teacher, and decided to take piano lessons (yes 42 and piano lessons - but I love it) - and I've joined a workout gym ($10 a month I can deal w/ that) and I'm trying to get myself into shape. ha! Oh and I just turned 42.. I'm reading the diabetic diet book at the moment and walking about 2.5 miles per workout. Been doing that about 3 weeks.

The difference is - after working all day - and working out for 1.5 hrs - I get home and the last thing I've wanted to do is clean anything. Well the clothes are kept up and the sink is clean and the dishes are done.. but I have the paper monster growing on the counter. I started to tackle it.. and stopped. It seems I'm fighting off a cold or sinus or something right now, so I'm feeling really chilled and achey. Did I say that already? So right now, Im just resting. Heck I slept over 12 hrs yesterday! Go figure.

I just need a lil kick in the butt to get moving again... deal w/ the bills and the dirty toilets. (sigh).. and probably take down the christmas tree - eventually. Ya see what I mean?

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
http://360.yahoo.com/rpeaceflowers
Natalia
Natalia

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:36 am

Hi Rhonda!! Glad to see you again!!

Believe me, you are not alone.. Im swamped in work of all kinds and the first one to go always is the house and my health Smile. Yesterday my Bf and i finally did the administration of the last 3(!!) months. Yes, that was a lot of paperwork and enveloppes that needed to be opened and delt with.

I havent been to the fitness in over a month. And thats too bad cause before that i finally had a pace. I have a private instructeur (the uni pays for that since if i go to the gym its less likely i fall ill again) and we had an appointment for every wednesday. But then in december it all went since i didnt have time because of deadlines and stuff. I hope to get started soon again though. I have emailed him but he is on vacation at the moment.

I so need to start over, but at the same time i feel drudge when i think.. oh no.. starting over AGAIN. So I think i need to start implement things i like first, before doing the sink thing, cause somehow i always dred that.
Back to top Go down
imsolucky

imsolucky

PostSubject: I am so glad...   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 6:41 am

to see activity in this forum again. I sure do need to know I am not alone. Glad to know Heidi is OK. I now recognize when my clutter and dirt pileup are getting totally out of hand and at least make myself take 15 minutes at a time to do what I can and that's Ok. I can still feel good about myself and stop beating myself over the head.
Elaine
Back to top Go down
imsolucky

imsolucky

PostSubject: Jumpcut   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:03 am

New activity on Jumpcut by flylady.
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:34 am

I haven't been doing much, but I've joined the super fling boogie. I thought there was nothing else to fling in my flat, so i invited a girlfriend over to see with better eyes. some things appeared afro

i'm also working in my control journal. I had everything in spreadsheets, but lost all the data in my computer, so I had to start again. fortunately, everything was printed and I only have to type again. all the thinking was done.

I keep doing well with my laundry, and that's more or less all. not very good at moving, not very good at cleaning, but the house is wuite decluttered. baby steps, girls. we rock!!!
Back to top Go down
Lina

Lina

PostSubject: Happy Birthday Rhonda   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 12:00 pm

cheers Happy Birthday RHONDA cheers

Gongratulations on starting the piano lessons,hearing or playing the piano is so calming.

I know how it feels to come back home tierd ,but as I'm a stay at home mom I can always do things tommorow morning when the kids are at school. Now we are in the mid year holiday so they are at home all day.I finish the dishes just to wash more , I vaccum this room and in 1/2 an hour it needs vaccuming . I tell them I own a restaurant now where I'm the cook , the waiter,the cleaning lady and I also wash the dishes but I'm not the manager Very Happy Thank God I'm not as I was a year before. I just do what I can and most important never feel guilty that sth. needs cleaning but I can't do it now .I realize kids want a happy mom not a spotless home.
Anyway , I try to keep the kitchen and bath clean ,this what keeps me sane .As for the rest when I tell myself I'll just do 15 min. I jump feeling motivated.
Back to top Go down
Lina

Lina

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 12:04 pm

Glad Heidi is doing good, please tell her hi miss you Smile
Back to top Go down
SilveryBon

SilveryBon

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 6:42 pm

Glad to hear Heidi is doing ok.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RHONDA!!! You are just a young pup; in fact, you are younger than my daughters! pale I had a birthday last week, too. Dare I confess, I turned 66 (*gasp!*)? Gosh, that sounds so old....

Congrats on your new self-improvement program, too. I think it is wonderful that you are taking piano lessons, and that you are enjoying doing so. Taking better care of your health will certainly pay off for you. That's what I should be doing, too. *groan*

Natalia, I don't know how you do everything that you do, with illness compounding it all. It's ok to let your house go. As Lina said, the kitchen and bathroom are best kept sanitary, but don't worry so about the rest until you feel up to it.

Elaine? Are you a newbie, or have you been on here before? Maybe you changed your avatar? hmmm....
Back to top Go down
Lina

Lina

PostSubject: Happy Birthday SilveryBon   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 3:03 am

flower flower Happy Birthday SilveryBon cheers

You are such a great person Smile
Back to top Go down
imsolucky

imsolucky

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:13 am

I have not posted before but have been a member since almost the beginning. I get so much from the posts on this board and feel like I know everyone here. I found this site through Jumpcut and really looked forward to the videos. Thank you all for sharing your lives and thoughts. It helps to know I am not alone.
Elaine
Back to top Go down
SilveryBon

SilveryBon

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:58 pm

Thank you, Lina. You are a real sweetie. All of you are so special.

Welcome, Elaine. Is that your home in the photo? It looks beautiful! Where do you live? Yes, the best part of this forum is knowing we are not the only one struggling with getting our homes together. The extra encouragement here is phenomonal. It's so great to have international friends in the same situation. Love you all!

Bonnie
Back to top Go down
imsolucky

imsolucky

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:18 am

Thank you Bonnie,
Yes, that is the view in my "backyard". Actually I live in a small condo in Sarasota FL that has a canal in the back. I get to see this everyday and that is why I consider myself "imsolucky". It was the first thought that came to me when I saw flylady's first video where she showed a chair in her spare bedroom where 8 people had died. That was when I decided "Imsolucky" not to have to live with a chair with those memories, lol. I struggle with maintaining my home in a reasonably comfortable condition, but most often I fail and it causes me great stress. If I set my timer for 15 minutes to do whatever needs to be done it does relieve some of the stress.
Elaine
Back to top Go down
SilveryBon

SilveryBon

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 12:01 pm

You are indeed so lucky to have such a beautiful 'backyard'view. I suspected it was a canal in Florida.

Now don't beat yourself up because you aren't p-p-p-p-p-(dare I say it?)-perfect! You are FLYing, not failing! Just keep that timer handy and you will do fine.

I'm contemplating doing my semi-annual bathroom cleaning..... *groan*. I do ok with the swish & swipe, but the tub hasn't been scrubbed in ages. affraid But today is a bright sunny day and the temperature is up to 28 degrees, so it isn't so bitter cold as when it was in the single digits, and DH and I are thinking about running some errands in town while it is nice out. Whew! I talked myself right out of that chore, didn't I? lol!
Back to top Go down
imsolucky

imsolucky

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:06 pm

I do know very well what cold feels like. I lived in Kane PA, the icebox of PA. I also know what the sunshine feels like there and how those grey gloomy days can get you down. Don't forget that timer is your best friend. Give yourself permission to STOP after 15.
Elaine
Back to top Go down
Natalia
Natalia

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 2:15 am

Hi there ladies,

I dont have any idea what real cold feels like i guess. It was here -5 degrees celsius on the worst moment and i found it horrible. But 5degrees in the plus i also find too cold already. But I think I would never go out if it were so cold as where you live.

My todo list for the weekend has shrunken so im half way there you could say. I like your ideas of just keeping up with bathroom, toilet and kitchen so i think ill put those on my list for today too. And then im gonna try and keep a bit up with that.

Ive had headackes for the last 2 days, just because i had too much stress. Unluckily for me, organising a big 20 year anniversary for your student organisation always brings stress and things going wrong and the one solving it is the chairmen of the organising committee, aka me. But then again, things are starting to come together (luckily cause its only one and a half week away) and im happy to see it will be great hopefully. Im not screwing up or anything like a lot of people said (and some still say, but then again, you always will have those, wont you..)

Put the stress of that together with finding out the right master, writing my bachelorthesis (or atleast trying to when i have time) and some other organising stuff and you have a stressed out girl Smile

BF is helping though. He is trying to keep the house atleast a bit tidyd up and he knows a lot about organising so he is helping there too.

So, now, after some whining Smile How are you girls? You feel we should get more in here and get this board back to its glory and more? How are your chores going?

Natalia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do ya mean.. no messages   What do ya mean.. no messages - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do ya mean.. no messages
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Flybaby Community Forum :: Housekeeping & Flylady.net :: General-
Jump to: