Flybaby Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flybaby Community Forum

For Flybabies that want to be able to communicate with eachother and help eachother.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL

Go down 
+2
RhondaSue
internettie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
internettie

internettie

The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Empty
PostSubject: The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:18 pm

We're working on the Monster (Master) Bedroom suite this weekend. David is in there painting the walls right now. The current colors in there are rose and powder blue (it's a Victorian look) but we're changing it to a light yellow and white trim. He's already painted the ceiling an off white. He's doing a great job. cheers

Here are some before pictures:

The lights will soon be up on the wall so the cat won't be so traumatized!
The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL 100_0701

Notice the lovely colors. Rolling Eyes I can't believe that I actually chose to have those colors in my bedroom. Not very restful to me.
The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL 100_0700

After a year the bed frame will finally be put up instead of leaning against the very rose colored wall.
The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL 100_0699

The place could definitely use some curtains.
The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL 100_0698

There's no real point in making the bed at this point (especially since the dogs just keep messing it up Rolling Eyes ).
The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL 100_0697

This is definitely a weekend or so project, not a three month project like the garage was. I want my bedroom back. Waaaahhhhhh!
Sleep
More pictures to come later...
Back to top Go down
http://www.skootersdogblog.blogspot.com
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: pink   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:24 pm

WOW.. thats alot of pink! I think the yellow and white will be lovely.. and put your bed together... and some fresh sheets on it. Aint nuttin better than a fresh bed...
.. of course, let the room air out so you dont suffocate yourself with paint fumes!

Cant wait to see the AFTERs.

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
http://360.yahoo.com/rpeaceflowers
Fynn

Fynn

PostSubject: Re: The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:32 pm

The rose and blue are very pretty from a decorator standpoint...but I could see why they wouldn't be very restful for a sleeping space. I also want to see the new room when it is finished!
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 9:47 am

yippa yuppa yoppa yeppa you two rock. see? these men nowadays, when you get them to do something, they do it brilliantly cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
internettie

internettie

PostSubject: Re: The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 7:17 pm

DH continued the painting in the Monster Bedroom today. He has the first coat on all the walls and the second coat on 1/3 of the walls. He's really cruising along.

When he finished for the evening we went out for a ride. While we were out we started talking about the progress he was making in the bedroom. At one point he said "I was thinking about FlyLady saying that you could paint a room 15 minutes at a time. You sure can." Shocked

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
internettie

internettie

PostSubject: Re: The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 9:31 pm

Wow! DH has the all the walls painted and has started on the trim! However, the Monster Bedroom is still torn apart, the bed is up against a wall and the guest room door is blocked by the massive bed frame (it's a four poster bed). Shocked scratch

Okay, we just moved the bedframe back into the Monster Bedroom so we can sleep in the guest room tonight.

Hit's the 'Easy Button" (That was easy!) The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Gr-easybuttonprod
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: alrighty soooooo   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:30 am

Here is my thought.... Since you need help putting the bedroom together. I would get out some paper... and start drawing out "the plan" on some paper --- and start penciling in furniture placement. I dont know about you manly man.. but mine seems to be motivated by the PLAN written out.

You COULD even put out the furniture and start moving it around the paper.. (make sure you are within eyesight of man) and then look at him and go.. "hey honey.. how does this look" - at this point you can justify your furniture placement and offer to go in there right now and start scooting stuff around and making alot of noise.

My DH finished putting up the lights for me.. so now I have to go in there and not only clean out any sawdust and crumbs but figure out what dishes of ours we are keeping... and what part of MOMS stuff I am going to do with. She has a lot of china and I dont know what to do with two sets.
not to mention nice serving bowls etc.

Good luck!
Rhonda
Back to top Go down
internettie

internettie

PostSubject: Re: The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 10:09 am

DH had already decided on the furniture arrangement - putting it back where it was. It works best for him getting up at 4:30am to have the bed situated the way it was/is. I don't really care how it's situated as long as it's put together. It's not completely done yet, but it already looks 100% better. Here are the pictures of the progress we're making.

The bed is put together and ready to go. I'm washing all the bed sheets right now. I'm excited to put the bed together.
The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL 100_0717

Notice the wall color: a soothing yellow instead of that bold rose color.
The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL 100_0718

There's still trim painting to do so most of the stuff in the room is waiting to be moved back into place.
The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL 100_0713

Woohoo! The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Not-tagged-smiley-10210
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: awwwwwww   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 11:50 am

love the yellow! And Im not a yellow fan, but I think this bedroom color will be alot less stimulating!

Now... since you are busy washing those sheets... I want pictures of the room with your bed made!

Great job Hubby on getting the furniture back in place (gives you a HIGH FIVE) Your bed is lovely. This room will be like a sanctuary!

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 11:57 am

wow, your bedroom looks more like a sanctuary now. I can imagine a yellow candle on the chest and maybe a soap bar. Just as in a posh hotel. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SilveryBon

SilveryBon

PostSubject: Re: The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 8:11 pm

Sam, I am so proud of YOU and DH for getting so much done already! Your bedroom is indeed beautiful and inviting! I, too, love the new color and I'm sure you will find it much more restful. Your bed is certainly pretty and will be gorgeous when it's freshly made up. Way to go, both of you! flower
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: HEY!   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 11:42 am

What!?!? No pictures yet???

Inquiring minds are going crazy wanting to see your new bedroom!

HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!! (just pickin at you)

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
Natalia
Natalia

PostSubject: Re: The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 4:08 am

It looks good Nettie! It will look fantastic when finished. Keep up your great work! cheers
Back to top Go down
internettie

internettie

PostSubject: Re: The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 10:29 pm

DH is still working on the trim (15 minutes a day). The room is looking better every day now. I didn't have time this week to work on the monster bedroom, but I'm going to put some time into it this weekend (hanging a picture, making up the bed, putting up some decorations, etc.). I'll take some more pictures and post them once I get some stuff done.

The new yellow color is sooooo relaxing. I look forward to going in there every night now. And when I look down the hallway it's not those rose and blue colors staring back at me screaming to be tamed. I think with both of us able to work on it this weekend we'll probably get it completed. cheers
Back to top Go down
internettie

internettie

PostSubject: Re: The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 12:40 pm

Well, DH got an initial coat of paint on all of the trim. The white looks so nice with the pale yellow. It's going slower than I thought it would, but I'm not really in any rush. I've got to go out and get some new curtains that will match the new colors. I did finally hang up my favorite picture. (You can see it on my Flybaby blog.) It's kind of nice to give ourselves a break by not trying to get it all done at once. I do look forward to it being done though. geek
Back to top Go down
internettie

internettie

PostSubject: Re: The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 4:43 pm

still working on it... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL   The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Monster Bedroom Suite! LOL
Page 1 of 1