Flybaby Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flybaby Community Forum

For Flybabies that want to be able to communicate with eachother and help eachother.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
internettie

internettie

FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16 Empty
PostSubject: FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16   FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 10:44 pm

Guess it's been a while since I checked in here. Rolling Eyes

I've been walking at least a few days a week. I've increased my water intake. I have also been choosing healthier foods whenever I can. If I feel like I need to have a 'treat' I still try to make it a health(ier) treat than I used to choose.

I know I've been eating too many carbs though and not enough protein, so I've made some adjustments to that today. I started off with a protein smoothie for breakfast. It is Leanne's recipe and it's delicious FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16 Not-tagged-smiley-11618. It was a lot easier to make than I thought it would be. I always think everything will be harder than it is. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.skootersdogblog.blogspot.com
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: What I know..   FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 9:48 am

Well I missed postings here... glad you came by!

Looks like Hubby got a perscription for his HIGH CHLORESTEROL. No final reort back from the doctor, but apparently they called him in a perscription to start taking for that (it was 300something)

DH is being vague about it --- and didnt tell me the doc even called him.. I just noticed the perscription on the counter and knew it wasnt mine.

So... if anyone has tips for menus/reading/ for lowering chloresterol... I'd love to hear,see them.

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
http://360.yahoo.com/rpeaceflowers
Lina

Lina

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16   FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 2:49 pm

All I know about this : Use olive oil
excersice / walk
try to keep away from stress and fast food.

Best Wishes for a happy healthy life for both of you flower
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16   FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 10:41 am

they say here that the best is olive oil and steam cooking (or sauteing with just a drop of oil). they also say that eggs, pork, deli, sausages and any kind of processed food are bad for cholesterol. I'm sure that will depend on how high he has it. if it's not very high, probably eliminating the worst foods will do. if it's very high, he will have to go into a more severe diet of chicken, veggies, carbohidrates and blue fish. by the way, I know blue fish and whalnuts are good for a low cholesterol diet.

I will be eating 2-3 servings of fruit and veggies every day if possible this week
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: Thanks   FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 1:41 pm

Well I've been doing more reading... and even posted a "cutting the fat" item on the front of the frig. DH says... whatever.

uhhuh. Guess I'll be working this thru - secret agent style?
((please insert secret agent wife music here)) hahahaha

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
http://360.yahoo.com/rpeaceflowers
april

april

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16   FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 2:14 pm

I didn't do very well at eating the portions of fruit and veggies, but I'll give it another try. no shame pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16   FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLYBODY - Sep. 10 - 16
Page 1 of 1