Flybaby Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flybaby Community Forum

For Flybabies that want to be able to communicate with eachother and help eachother.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19

Go down 
+2
RhondaSue
sacto_heidi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Empty
PostSubject: FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 4:20 am

See the stickie note called "FLYBODY - READ ME"

Walking: I will get on the treadmill for 10 minutes a day this week. I set the alarm on my computer calendar to remind me daily M-F at 5:00 PM.

Diet: I will eat breakfast this week. I put the All-Bran bars ON my coffee pot.

Water: I will replace one Diet Pepsi with a big 'ol glass of water. The one I get at lunch is a gonner.

It's Wednesday already...I CAN do this! My metabolism is all but stopped. Walking and eating 5 or 6 small meals rather than one honker a day will get it going. I have lost 8.5 lbs. since June just by drinking water more and getting up to clean my dern house. YEA ME!
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: DIET   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 7:54 pm

It would probably be best to put the fiber cereal IN your coffee... Caffeine with some crunch!

Be careful with that cereal darlin... too much and you won't "GO" (learned the hard way) More is NOT better. OUCH.

Since there was NO A/C at work today - I think I already did a week of aerobics... yes I sweated THAT much! blek.

RhondaSue.
Back to top Go down
http://360.yahoo.com/rpeaceflowers
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 8:43 pm

Breakfast - check. Water - check. Walking - check plus - I boogied for 45 minutes. I was having fun walking and kept saying, "Oh, I will do this song too! After this one i'm done." That Grease soundtrack and a collection of funk will get ya. WORD UP!
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: heheh   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 9:19 pm

Balamma lamma lamma... ca dingading ding a long..

Shubop shoobop, alop ippitty bip to bop...

Okay.. thats sounds better in my head...

GOOD GIRL HEIDI!
Back to top Go down
flyfrog

flyfrog

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 1:32 am

[color=violet]Way To Go Heidi[/color]

I'm not sure if the following belongs in this thread but it seemed like the correct place to put it.

As for me I set up a surgery for my hand. (insert small whimper here)
I have lost part of the mobility of my left hand and it has been partly numb since the first part of July. I have seen a few docs andy they decided I have cubital tunnel syndrom (not carpal tunnel syndrom). From what I can tell this is the best option for me, I hate any kind of surgery and would normally have a tendancy to put this off but the consiquences scare me into submission.
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 2:34 am

Setting up an appointment for your health totally counts. I don't know about you but I put them off. So good for you! If you want to keep us posted so we can be here for you around surgery time, please do. HUGS!
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: Inner YOU   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 7:51 am

Going to the doctors and taking care of you SOOOOOOOO counts. I counted it as my AP stuff (cuz I put that off)... yeah, I know I double dipped, but I dont care.

I am sooo proud of you for making the steps to healthier you!

now, where did I put my pompoms?

RAH RAH!
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 2:09 am

I ate my All-Bran breakfast bar. The bars are like a yummy oatmeal raisin cookie treat, full of fiber and good things and only 120 calories. Uhhhh! No one told me I was skipping a treat! Ladies!!! Throw me a bone here!

I drank an extra glass of water today. So, about 60oz. Flushing out the fat, baby.

I walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes. I couldn't find the kiddo's music player so I lugged my little TV over and turned on Clean House. I also had my water and a bag of baby carrots to munch on. Yah...I did the same thing I would do on the couch but my legs were moving. I didn't even notice the time. Niccceeeee.
Back to top Go down
Natalia
Natalia

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 6:09 am

I did eat my breakfast though at 11.00, so its now 14.00 and finally i think its time to eat lunch.. So well though the time are not yet right, at least im eating it! Smile
Water, i was almost forgetting about that one.. will get a flylady bottle full this instant.
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: Good Going   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 5:46 pm

heidi...
just remember when you eat that all bran and pump up the fiber (also good for you and chloresterol)... but you must must must drink water... to keep the fiber moving! I'm very proud of you.. 35m on the treadmill is a bunch! cheers Great job Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 1:22 am

Danke darlins! Knowing there is someone out there supporting me helps A LOT.

Water, breakfast and walking all CHECK. I did 35 minutes with a faster pace in the middle 25 minutes. I didn't plan to, but I think I will do a short walk on each day of the weekend just so the habit settles in my brain. YEA ME!!!

I'm proud of you for taking care of yourselves this week!
Back to top Go down
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: Time Stamp   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 8:16 am

You did all that at 2:22am!?!? (g) You get a double HOOHAA chant this morning. Whoooha!

I went to bed really early last night... and slept soo hard. Now I'm up and the coffee is made and I'm trying to wake up DH cuz he has to work today (so I took his coffee in there and found out he doesnt get up till 9:30am.

I am debating whether to get in the shower now, or later.

RS
Back to top Go down
internettie

internettie

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 7:06 pm

Tomorrow I go to the doctor to get my results from my yearly physical study (incluing the thyroid panel Marla suggests we get done). I've been pretty good about getting my physical every year and my mammogram too (I'm at that age, you know Laughing ). Mostly I'm excited about being weighed. bounce I've made more progress (by my home scale) and I hope it shows at the doctor's office. flower

Because I don't work and don't have appointments most days, I struggle with taking a shower (we're in a drought and I keep telling myself that I need to 'save' the water Rolling Eyes ). Seriously though, I don't jump in the shower first thing every morning if I'm not going out that day (or sometimes even if I am Shocked ). I've been trying to tell myself that the shower is for me, not for everyone else but I still feel guilty because it's on the morning routine list and I'm not able to check it off. Anyone else struggle with this? (I feel like I'm taking a huge risk talking about this in public Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
http://www.skootersdogblog.blogspot.com
RhondaSue

RhondaSue

PostSubject: Shower   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 7:26 pm

I prefer to shower everyday - cuz otherwise the roots of my hair get greasy and itch. But there are lots of folks that DON'T take a shower everyday and as long as ya got the "anti stinky" stuff on.. I think you are fine. Of course, its sooo hot here... some of us shower at night and in the morning. There is just something yuk about going to bed stinky.

Do what works for you... this is YOUR plan.. you dont have to be a cookie cutter of Marla.. by any means.

Rhonda
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 5:41 am

I also struggle with the shower, but for different reasons. I usually get a shower in the moring (otherwise, I never wake up totally), but I should wake up 30 minutes earlier if I wanted to rub moisturizer on me, which I don't. I don't even dry or comb my hair. To do that, I should do it at night, but most nights I don't feel like getting a shower. I know, so silly of me, just make up ur mind u silly girl and decide which works best for you. Well, I can't. maybe if I went to bed earlier I would be able to wake earlier, but 3-4 hours of sleep would make even Clooney look ugly.

I've been a good girl for 7 months and I've been drinking my water (2 litres a day), I have eaten less salt in my meals, and I haven't skipped any meal. This way, I've lost 16 kilos (I think this is 35 pounds) Go me Basketball
Back to top Go down
internettie

internettie

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:05 am

FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Character0074 I got the results of my yearly physical today. Everything checked out okay. Every test (blood, liver, thyroid, Hep A/B/C & diabetes check) was in the normal range for the first time in a long while. I'll have to attribute this to better eating habits (no soda, no junk food, no fast food). I sure am glad that all the test results came back normal. The only two things my doctor suggested I do are:

1. Drink more water FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Eat-drink-smiley-5184 (my blood pressure was low 95/60 because I'm not drinking enough water)

and

2. Do a monthly breast self-exam. I have the FlyMails and the Comfort Zone perpetual calendar to remind me every month, so there is no excuse for not doing it (except for being lazy Laughing ).

My doctor said that I am aging very well. That was awesome to hear.

I also did show some weight loss at the doctor's office. I was psyched about that too. Quite motivating.

And I did take a shower this morning! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.skootersdogblog.blogspot.com
sacto_heidi
sacto_heidi

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 12:57 pm

I started a new FLYBody thread for this week...over there Arrow

Sam, I am a thyroid gal and I will tell ya...if it is off EVERYTHING is off. Memory, energy, mental state, skin, hair, weight, sleep...you get it. I'm SO glad you are having it checked! And....you just posted while I am writing so yea!

Showers: I can go days without needing to wash my hair. When I washed it every day, the natural oils were striped and then they go haywire. I don't wear deoderant or anti-persp. because my skin is too sensitive and I break out in a rash even with the sensitive skin ones. I don't get stanky so no big deal. Now I am working out so I take a cool rinse shower between scrubs and shampooing times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19   FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLYBODY - Aug. 15 - 19
Page 1 of 1